We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
These Russian biscuits look like duck feet or goose feet. If you cannot find it at your supermarket, use quark or ricotta instead.
1 person made this
- 100g butter or margarine
- 250g twarog, quark or ricotta cheese
- 150g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- caster sugar, as needed
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:30min chilling › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Cream softened butter or margarine with an electric mixer. Add twarog and mix well. Add salt and flour and mix again until all is combined.
- Form the mixture into a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Dust your work surface and rolling pin lightly with flour. Roll out 5mm thick. Add more flour if it gets sticky.
- Use a wine glass to cut out rounds of 6 to 7cm in diametre. Cut each round in half.
- Fill a plate with sugar and place close by. Tip both sides of the semi circles in the sugar.
- Pinch one side lightly, and make small incisions in the outer side, resembling goose or duck feet.
- Arrange on a floured baking tray and bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
Instead of rolling out the mixture, you can also shape it into flat circles with your hands.